Bad Gas Mileage? Hard start? Rough Idle?
Burned up/clogged Catalytic Convertor?
You have a pretty good guess as to the cause (bad FUEL INJECTORS), but now what do you do?
The "Quick Fix" would be ANY NUMBER OF CHEMICALS -- Techron, Lucas,
Injector Sting, Gumout, Sea Foam, etc. etc.
So, you tried a bottle or 3 of these "cures in a can" and things didn't improve a bit. Or more than likely (as we know all too well here at FIS) your engine is running worse than ever, and now there is a strange noise from the gas tank area which sounds like the fuel pump going bad.
Right on both counts!
You see, too much injector cleaner can VERY EASILY dry out the synthetic rubber seals throughout your fuel system -- the NUMBER ONE cause of engine fires! And those deposits which are loosened, but not dissolved, continue through the fuel system and clog the injector filter and pintle orifice(s) -- a spray nozzle which is much smaller in diameter than a human hair!
And as an additional "bonus", these chemicals will scour clean your fuel pump bearings (yes, they have bearings). Added to the fact that most gasoline has added ETHANOL -- a form or alcohol -- and you see why shops replace LOTS of fuel pumps prematurely. Most with less than 85K miles on the vehicle.
So, what Kills Injectors in the first place?
1)Bad internal wiring -- (the resistance increases, or short circuits directly to ground, usually caused by vibration, heat, and in some cases, poor design).
2) Water in the Fuel -- the results of which (RUST) are deadly. Nothing in the world rusts quicker internally than an injector; they have absolutely no coatings or special metals to resist water.
3) Heat soak -- The PRIMARY reason for clogged orifices and filters, bad spray patterns, low fuel flow, and inadequate penetration. Heat soak is when you drive the car, shut it off, then the little bit of fuel left at the tip of the injector evaporates (almost, that is, leaving behind various chemical compounds), and the process repeats itself over and over for thousands and thousands of miles.
A good example of the end result of heat soak is to look at the baked-on crud on the inside of an oven which hasn't been cleaned in a while.
The only way to avoid "heat soak" is to NOT DRIVE THE CAR! Or not use the oven!
Our 25+ years of experience has shown us (and has probably shown you also), that chemicals only perform adequately in FUEL SYSTEM MAINTENANCE. To keep things as they are. And maybe to help a bit in dissolving gas tank water in cold weather.
So what to do instead of chemicals?
Remove and replace the Injector of course, and basically you have 3 options:
1) New from the dealer. (Bring your wallet. Average price is $135
each, but they are the ONLY source for an exact replacement. If they
can still get them, that is.)
2) New from your friendly local parts store, who does NOT stock BOSCH, DENSO, PICO, SIEMENS, KEIHIN, DELPHI, HOLLEY/WEBER, JECS, etc.
3) Used from your local wrecking yard. Nothing like trading one bad injector for another!
Well now there is A FOURTH OPTION!!
As we noted in our company motto above, injectors DO NOT WEAR OUT!
Injectors are designed and manufactured to cycle (open and close) perfectly for over ONE TRILLION CYCLES. That is "Trillion" with a "T!" About 375,000 miles.
WE HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFULLY (over 97%) rebuilding injectors for
over 25 years!
Worldwide, over 5 million injectors and counting, in over 50 countries!
Here is what we do:
1) LEAK TEST your injectors at 3 different pressures.
2) Check the injector RESISTANCE at pull in AND hold in currents (a
test procedure unique to our company).
3) Check the SPRAY PATTERNS of your injectors to make sure they
meet manufacturer specs.
4) We FLOW TEST for correct injector VOLUME.
5) We remove and return old parts -- o-rings, seals & filters.
6) Injectors are then ULTRASONICALLY CLEANED as many cycles as
needed to return them to as-new condition.
7) Injectors are reassembled with top quality parts (nothing Chinese
here; we prefer QUALITY!)
8) Spray pattern and volume checked and noted again.
9) Injectors are sealed and returned.
10) ADDED BONUS: BEFORE & AFTER pictures included, so you know for
sure what you are getting!
Introductory offer: $25 per injector.
We are local to Denver, Colorado and the surrounding area. We service
repair shops and individuals who can remove their injectors and want to save
All of our injector service is quaranteed for the life of your car. If your
injectors are bad (rust, wiring) there is NO CHARGE!
CALL US today! We have mobile service vehicles throughout the Denver
area; we also have approved shops which will remove your injectors (charging you labor only) and have us do the injector rebuilding.
Instead of $1000 or more for injector repair, you will pay about a third or less, and keep the injectors specified by the manufacturer!
By the way, we have NEVER, repeat NEVER, seen less that a 15% improvement in gas mileage. We have hundreds of testimonials from car owners whose mileage improved from 18 to 24 m.p.g.
PHONE #: 303 456 0789
No anonymous answering service -- talk to the techs themselves!
Any questions (about this service or fuel injection in general) CALL US.
REMEMBER: A 20% improvement in gas mileage means that you drive
for 6 days out of the month, and don't pay a penny for gas!